Sunday, December 28, 2008

On The Downhill Side of Training



My training to climb Kili peaked a couple of weeks ago when I managed to climb the stadium steps top to bottom 20X. When I first began climbing 6X seemed like quite an accomplishment so 20X truly was an accomplishment. We will climb again tomorrow for an hour or so (10X perhaps) since we are now on the downhill side of training. The kids are off school for a week so Daniel will come with me tomorrow and throw a football around on the 'Florida Field' as it's called where the Gainesville Gators play their home football games. I took these photos looking up the stadium steps before a climb and looking accross the stadium at Hannah's teacher and her family climbing. It gives you an idea of the size of the stadium. It holds 90,000 people. There are often people there training for various places/events are just getting fit.

1 comment:

Kiliwomen said...

Climbing the stadium steps is really fun!
Hannah